Saturday, November 3, 2012

The Polite Team


The Polite Team,

 

A lot of people don’t know or understand what the ‘Polite Team’ means or is.
 
It’s true I carried the name and if you want to call it, the title of ‘Grant the Polite Guy’ for years now and I was always proud to say and use it because people knew the name as someone that helped people in need and homeless of course for being polite too. Haha. I always say “It cost nothing to be polite so I have heaps”

Bernie the Polite Girl was born and I couldn’t have been prouder, I have mentioned it before, but yes she’s very polite and even more so than me helps people in need and the homeless in ways that I wish I could. She has more heart and never stops working on helping.

The Polite Team began with the two of us starting to work as a team so we can help so many more people together as a team. So far this has been very successful with many more people being helped as we work together.

Now I’m not letting Bernie read this before posting, but some people know my health isn’t the best and to be honest if I was to pick a replacement for me then I couldn’t have picked a better one then Bernie (I hope she don’t get a swell head because of this, haha)

We wanted to form a ‘Polite Team’ because if one of us isn’t around then the other would be able to help instead. To be honest it’s the people getting help that matters. But look at it this way, instead of one polite guy there’s a polite team of two. AWESOME no matter how you look at it. Haha

I have been looking at the stats of this blog and I know a lot of readers don’t agree and don’t read this blog. Well if you ever read this I’m sorry you feel like I have joined a team but really think about it, I was always doing it on my own and everything got bigger, the amount of people being helped, BBQ’s for the homeless got bigger and I’m not scared to say I started being overwhelmed and did need someone like ‘Bernie the Polite Girl’ to help.

If I was to be really honest, Bernie helped me through a really tough time, which I’m not ready to talk about right now. But know that even I have tough times and as positive as I am, I needed someone to talk too.  So I ask that you all show her the respect that you would me, not because I’m asking, but because she has done far more than me but has never written about it in a blog like I did.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now some people still don’t know everything about the BBQ on the 2nd of December. So here’s everything so far.

Christmas BBQ for the Homeless and People in need.

Musgrave Park

10am to 2pm

Everything at this event is free.

There’s only one rule ‘If you can carry it, it’s yours’

People can help by donating clothes, toiletries, at Post Office Square, Queen St between 7am to 2pm on the 30th  November. Also at Anzac Tunnel between 3:30pm to 6pm on the 30th November.

Now this is important, so far there’s a huge need for marquees (free standing), tables, toiletries (also ladies toiletries) and clothes. But the biggest need is helpers for handing out flyiers before the BBQ and on the day.

This is going to be bigger then we have ever had in the past before so I’m asking if people can help then please do. Let’s work as a team and show the homeless and people in need that the community is coming together to help.

One thing I always keep thinking to myself and that’s ‘helping someone in need can’t be a bad thing, but an honour, because everyone hits bad times and wishes someone would help.’

I hope you all have a good day and thank you for reading my blog. Please share this post and maybe others will be helping others as well. There’s the little blue F and B at the bottom of this post.

Thank you again.
Grant the Polite Guy from the Polite Team.
0142 190 011
grantthepoliteguy@gmail.com
@grantpoliteguy (twitter)
Grant Richards (Facebook)

No comments:

Post a Comment