Monday, November 10, 2014

Wynnum the start of a Legacy





WooHoo I have done it.

This is 100% done, agreement made. I am opening a NEW shop in Wynnum that has two sides to it. One side being a Thrift shop that gives clothes to Homeless and People in Need free 7 days a week (10 items) and the second side being a Having a Go Coffee which only employs homeless and people in need after they have got on their feet and of course doing suspended coffee . WOOHOO.

This is a passion of mine, I have always wanted to be able to help homeless with clothes, toiletries, blankets and much needed things 7 days a week and be there for them when they need it most.

Homeless and people in need will be able to come and get free clothes and things while having a free coffee and something to eat. You all know of the Homeless BBQs well this is the next step.

I am proud and going to celebrate the fact its coming into action.

I know my health is bad with all thats going wrong, but the way I see it, if I start it then someone can continue it in the future and that means a lot of people are going to get huge help and really thats what its all about.

I cant do this on my own, I am asking if the community can come together to help me to help make this huge start to something great. I need everything for the Thrift side e.g racks and things, and everything for the coffee side counters, fridges, plumbers and an electrician. Plus needing signs. This wont fail because its going to be my legacy I leave for others to take over.

Can I add that this location is going to need a lot of volunteers to help give homeless free clothes and service.

I plan to open on the 1st of December, the day after our next huge Homeless BBQ event at Musgrave Park so we can help more people just before Christmas. Hey will event be able to make a change of direction for some and help them to start the New Year in a more positive way.

I have to say Im sooo excited about this WOOHOO

If you would like to join me please contact me or donate to putting this together.

St. George Bank

Grant Richards

BSB: 112879  ACC: 026900710 or I have a donation button on this blog.

Thank you for reading my blogspot and I hope you all have a great day.

Grant Richards

Grant the Polite Guy

0412 190 011

P.S WOOHOO this is going to help a lot of people. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment